Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Entering the Blogosphere

This first post roughly took six attempts before I finally fleshed out what I wanted included. Now, don't get your expectations up just because writing apparently takes me a lot of effort. I loved writing throughout my school years, I was constantly starting "novels" I would never finish in between writing term papers I had to complete, but since finishing college, saying, "I've grown rusty" is a kindness.

My blogging journey began, embarrassingly, about four years ago, when I told my sister, "I think I've been blogging in my head". Laughing, and confused, she encouraged me to write my thoughts down, and if I wouldn't publish them, to email them to her and she would happily read them with my mom. Writing again was wonderful, and I found it really fun to write to an "audience", rather than just journaling. In the midst of my great excitement, I rashly created a blog name, immediately regretted my decision, worrying that the name was too pretentious and didn't feel enough like me, and deleted the blog all in the same day.

A year or two later, I joined three friends to write a group blog. Occasionally I posted easy crafts, some What I Wore posts in the maternity stage, and some recipes, until I had my little girl, our little teacup. Writing pretty much disappeared into the abyss along with my sleep.

But, I've decided to jump on the blogging bandwagon once again! It won't be anything fancy, but you can join me as we renovate our new (to us) home, as I bumble through mommy-hood, create some new and borrowed kitchen creations, improve my photography skills, and muse about clothes, crafts, and probably whatever else comes to mind. Thank you for reading and joining me on my little blogging journey!



<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/13517257/?claim=enkk78vzvsy">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

4 comments:

  1. :) I look forward to reading your opinions on life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenn! You might have to bear with some fluffy posts at first as my brain gets used to formulating sentences again! But, I fully intend to have a somewhat intellectual post every now and then :)

      Delete
  2. Welcome to blogging and staying at home! Your honesty about the number of attempts at the first post made me smile. In some ways, it's the hardest post you'll ever write! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the encouragement and for reading!

      Delete