Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Return from the North Pole

Phew! We just returned from a whirlwind trip to visit my family in snowy CT. The trip was extra crazy because it actually (and ironically) got cut short by snowstorm Ellie. We intended to drive back Monday, but instead had to leave midday Sunday to beat the weather.

We went up to celebrate Teacup's first birthday!

She preferred the frosting


I think she returned home with twice as many toys and books than she already owned.






I'm taking full advantage of her new found distractions by cleaning the house and getting ready for her party here this weekend.




For the birthday girl's decorations, I'm doing a combo of homemade and store bought items to create a St. Valentine's Day theme. I got the majority of the decorations, plates, utensils, etc from the Dollar Tree. Other than the food, everything came to less than $20!

I can't wait to share pictures from the big day!

2 comments:

  1. So cute! I'm glad she liked the frosting. :) Maddie was totally scared of her birthday cake and kept looking at us like, "Why are you letting me near this stuff?"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww poor Maddie! Ellie's a little spoiled and gets another cake this Saturday. The one last weekend was "practice" ;)

      Delete