Sunday, March 22, 2015

WIWS: vol 1. And a little pregnancy update

First installment of WIWS (What I Wore Sunday) on Three Little Cupps. Linking up with Fine Linen and Purple.

I asked hubby to grab a picture today since I sort of had an outfit pulled together and I was feeling guilty for failing to document this pregnancy. This poor baby is already suffering from second child syndrome! For Teacup 1 I had a pregnancy journal and at least five bump pictures. Although... really...will the kid care about seeing Mama all puffy and bloated while she snuggles inside when she's, say, thirteen? I don't know, but just in case, now she can.

Top: Kohls maternity
Skirt: Target
Necklace: Premier Designs

Earrings: New York and Company

This week I finally finished Teacup's First Year photo book on Shutterfly. I'm so excited for it to arrive! She loves to look at pictures of herself, so I think she'll really enjoy the book. This week her new thing was holding a little mirror and kissing and hugging herself. Cute or am I creating a little narcissist? Absolutely cute. I just keep telling myself she thinks it's another baby.

At mass today, in the pew in front of us, there was a sweet little boy sleeping snuggled in his infant car seat carrier. Teacup thought he was just darling and couldn't stop "talking" about him. Hubby and I were trying to pray, but I glanced over at her, and had to hiss, "She's rocking the baby!!" Teacup had grabbed hold of the car seat handle and slightly vigorously attempted to arouse sleeping baby. It was kind of adorable only because the baby continued to sleep and the parents failed to notice...

Remember how I mentioned Teacup 2 is already suffering from second child syndrome? Poor thing, this post was supposed to be an update on the pregnancy and it's been all about her older sister. There isn't a lot to update other than I'm at 33 weeks, moving a little slower, but overall just progressing normally and healthy. All great things!

7 comments:

  1. Welcome to WIWS! You look lovely! Do you like to dress liturgically, too?

    I'm the oldest, so I don't know much about being a second child. I kind of always felt like I needed an older brother, though. My guy friends (and someday, God willing, my husband) are my protectors in his place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I would like to say yes to dressing liturgically, but honestly, the shirt is more navy than purple and it's sort of one of the only ones fitting and long enough at this point :)

      Delete
  2. You look beautiful, Rachel! Don't worry too much about second child syndrome. I was so worried this would happen that certain things I just NEVER did, even with the first: like a baby book. I mean, yep, it's all fair now, but I do miss having all the milestones written down somewhere. (There are a few randomly in my journals, but that's the best I did!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Faith! I'm aiming to at keep up with pictures. Digital cameras are great since they save the date automatically! Maybe I can just capture this little ones milestones via camera and perhaps someday (although unlikely) I'll get around to writing them down :) Having them this close is so exciting, but I'm quickly realizing how busy I'll be!

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are very pretty Rachel!

    (Typo in my first comment attempt.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura! I loved your latest post on your Stitch Fix! You found some really beautiful pieces!

      Delete