Sunday, March 6, 2016

Running, Blogging woes, and Linking up: WIWS

I typed an entire post that took me a decent amount of time, and blogger decided it wasn't worthy of the internets, because it didn't save a thing. Despite hitting the save button a billion times (ok, probably not a billion, but a lot), it's forever lost.

The other one was a lot more interesting than this one because honestly, I just don't have the energy to recreate it. Although, the first might not have been all that interesting to begin with, which means you're in for a real doozy ;)

I'm kind of tired because Teacup 2 has given up nursing cold turkey. Which at first seemed like a great thing until I got all sore and uncomfortable, so I'm pumping. Exclusively pumping is a special kind of hell. And I think all you moms (my cousin, ahem) who have started out that way are total rockstars and the most incredibly giving people walking the face of the planet. I don't have to pump too often since she is eating so much food, but it's still a little time consuming.

Some gratuitous chubby baby extremities to make you smile and not feel too bad for me

The other reason I'm tired is because I ran a 5k Saturday morning with my friend, Katie! Ok, we ran about half of it and walked the rest, but it was so much fun! I'm definitely sore as this isn't something I was training for. We saw some really beautiful mountain views at the top of a killer hill after we left the electrical grid in the dust.

Oh, did I forget to mention it was 34 degrees?

Even though my original post was lost, I was determined to bang out SOMETHING because I wanted to link back up with Rosie again! She hosted What I Wore Sunday last week and it was so much fun! I got to meet lots of new bloggers and interact with readers through all the sweet comments you left. I've never been concerned with numbers on this tiny blog, it's just a place for me to keep family/friends updated, and have a little creative outlet, but it was really nice to hear from people reading. So thank you for the love!

The littles were wonderful at mass today. Teacup 2 slept most of it in the Ergo, so I actually got to pay attention for a bit. We had a guest priest preaching on vocations. I loved how he reminded each one of us to be passionate about our vocations no matter what they are: religious, marriage, or single. He also emphasized how important it is for us living in the world to live our vocations well since we come in contact with so many people. He argued that we can more extensively evangelize than most priests since he mostly preaches to people in the church who come because they want to be there. Way to put the pressure on ;)

On to what we wore! I figured Laetare Sunday was coming up, but forgot to check if it was this weekend, so I dressed two of us in pink and one in purple and figured someone would have dressed liturgically.

My diva

Silver sweater: Carters, Pink Sweater: hand me down, Leggies: gift

Pink Sweater: NY & Co, Pants: Express, Shoes: Apt 9, Baby Dress: Gymboree


Thanks for reading! I hope your Sunday was wonderful, and please hop on over to Rosie's blog to check out some other much more stylish ladies (and kids!). Don't forget to say hi when you stop in on their blogs in the comments :)

16 comments:

  1. Aw, Blogger can be a bear that way sometimes! I'm glad you posted anyway :) Totally impressed that you even went out there in the cold, no less EXERTED YOURSELF (can you tell I've been a lazy bum this winter? Thanks, perpetual sickness. Time to exercise!) And all of your outfits are great :) Happy Laetare!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, Beth, you are soooo lazy being PREGNANT and all :) Having a morning to myself was major motivation to doing the 5k, it really wasn't too impressive. Notice I didn't share my time ;).

      Delete
  2. Isn't the ergo carrier amazing? I've tried a couple and the ergo has blown them out of the water! :) loved what you said about vocations- such a great reminder for this new week! Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, you must be exhausted! Hang in there...
    For once it was actually warmer here. A balmy 56 degrees, which I SO needed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She slept ALLLLL night last night! So recovery is almost complete :)

      Delete
  4. Kudos for pumping, Rachel!! I have to when I'm at work and it's challenging. I really admire you for EP. I love your outfits for Mass! Cici wore pink, but it was a total accident :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I need to see more pictures of Cici! I should admit that the pumping might not last too long though.... Ellie keeps getting into trouble while I do it ;) Supply seems to be dwindling too.

      Delete
    2. I've been eatings tons of flax seed (my coworkers must think I'm crazy - I put it in everything ;) and that's been helping so much that I'm interviewing to donate to our local milk bank for preemies. For nursing, anything more than 6 months is gravy, and I'm so glad that you've been sleeping more! I'm a total zombie right now and would be so happy to get 6 hrs!

      Delete
  5. Beautiful babies! And yes, the only upside to my supply drying up the last time I got pregnant while nursing was that I didn't have any discomfort weaning. But the other times I had to wean it was sooooooo uncomfortable! And I hate pumping so much I refuse to do it, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I almost refused too! I didn't have this problem with my first because I got pregnant and my milk dried up on its own too.

      Delete
  6. Oh my goodness, the diva pose is ADORABLE! Love it :) And I think we got the same excellent homily - Fr. Jaffe is doing a great job with vocations in the diocese! And you know what? Our blogs are evangelizing a little bit! Mostly it's just like-minded folks reading mine, I know, but there are definitely a few reading who disagree with me on many points - it's nice to be able to experience other ways of living outside of the extraordinarily combative environment that is Facebook!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was really great! Nothing against older priests, but it's so exciting to hear younger ones give strong and engaging homilies. It makes me excited for future generations of Catholics :)

      Delete
  7. Ugh, Blogger!!!! I've lost large chunks of posts in Blogger, but never a full, complete post. I would die of frustration! But kudos to you for pulling through. You look beautiful and your girls are stinking adorable as usual.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Hubby recommended making a word doc or something first...Of course adding another step will probably make my already infrequent posting dwindle to nil ;)

      Delete
  8. Moms who exclusively pump are making! Agree with you.
    Cute little one. Love her outfit and pose. She and my Isabel are naturals! Hashtag: future fashion bloggers

    ReplyDelete