Saturday, March 12, 2016

Spring is Springing!

Joining up again with Kelly for 7 QTs. I apologize for lacking in original content, but link ups are better than nothing right? 

1. Overall, I'm not a fan of time changes. Whether it's due to Daylight Savings or time zones, because: BEDTIME! But, springing forward is less painful these days than falling back. Oh how the times have changed. Oh how old it makes me feel :) Because there is no such thing as an extra hour of sleep as a parent. Here's to hoping, this means they really will transition to one hour later in the morning!

This little bugger is 10 months already! 

2. In the sleep department, we actually are doing WORLDS better than just a week ago. Which probably means I shouldn't have opened my big mouth and uttered a teeny tiny word, but right now we are REJOICING! And, I'm like a new mama. Teacup 2 gave up nursing completely this week and now she SLEEPS! ALL NIGHT!!! What!?!? I know, it doesn't make any sense. I said to J, "I should have given this up earlier" and he just looked at me and reminded me how he had been saying this for ages. Teacup 2 was just kind of a bear to nurse in the first place, her entire life, so apparently I was just nailing my own coffin. She is 10 months and this is the first time I've had more than 3.5 hours straight of sleep in who knows how long. Let alone five nights straight of 6+ uninterrupted sleep. 

3. It's gorgeous here this week. My favorite weather: sunny and 65-75. Perfect. Bliss. The girls thought so too. Teacup 2 sat in the grass probably for the first time and thought ripping fist fulls of grass up was the best thing EVA.





4. Let's talk about Toddlers. And you can all share your wisdom. Teacup 1 is 25 months and has the vocabulary of a 3 year old. She's great. Funny, starting with her imagination, and let's just say determined. She loves the new weather, but isn't dealing well with her wardrobe change. She does NOT appreciate all the cute short sleeved shirts I got her on clearance last summer because she doesn't recognize them. The skirts however, those are fine. So each morning I have battled a topless toddler into wearing SOMETHING! Even if it's a striped onesie with floral leggings.

Or we just stay in our pajamas all hours of the day since that's easier
5. Because everyone loves talking politics so much, I shall share my favorite campaign ad. It really should help you decide on who you want to be president. Even if you aren't undecided. Oh, except Trump. Don't look at Trump, it kind of makes him look good... you know, relatively. 

6. Binge watched Season 3 of Mr. Selfridge. If you liked Downton Abbey because of the clothes, this BBC show is mostly set in an early twentieth century department store.... sooo yeah, lots of awesome, amazing clothes. Lots of drama. Really enjoying it. It's on Amazon Prime.  

7. I made chicken stock and felt all kinds of domestic. It was pretty tough, chopped up an onion or two, garlic, bay leaves, some acv and salt, and tossed it all in the slow cooker with the chicken carcass for 24 hours on low. The hardest part was straining everything out after, but really didn't take long. If I can do this, you can too ;)



Sending you over to Kelly's to read more QTs! Oh, this blog is always my favorite for QTs. You should follow her too! 

2 comments:

  1. I am simultaneously super happy for you getting lots of sleep and super envious. :) Ever since Gabe's surgery, EVERY little sound wakes him up. So I went from having the best sleeper ever to don't-let-a-pin-drop baby. But he still wakes up smiling every time, so I'm not complaining!
    I watched the first season of Mr. Selfridge, and liked everything except the main actor--does he not strike you as, well, acting all the time? It became one of those annoying pet peeves that then you can't NOT notice, and I just had to stop watching. But I miss the clothes....
    Your girls are so super adorable. Oh, toddler clothes advice (because we totally still fight that battle): SOMETIMES it will work to only have two shirt choices available and then allow her to choose which one she wants. That worked with Lu (and your eldest reminds me of her). Zoe didn't fight us much. Ginny had to be convinced that ballerinas wore whatever we wanted her to wear. And Maddie...totally went around the house in a diaper, dragging around her Christmas dress, on the warm day we had last week because she was NOT putting on any of those new clothes from the attic. So, let me know if you find a fool-proof method. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It must be sooooo beautiful out there now. I'm thrilled to miss the humid summer, haha, but I miss spring there. The weather is so perfect and so. many. flowers. Spring comes so late here. :/

    As always, I LOVE the photos of your girls! So much cute.

    ReplyDelete