Saturday, May 7, 2016

7 QTs: The Quick Takes That Never Happened

I've had posting for 7 Quick Takes on my To Do list for weeks... possibly months. I have numerous drafts with a handful of sentences. I glance back at them and the titles even seem slightly intriguing... but I'll be darned if I can remember the details!

I'm thinking if I can't even squeak out posts which are supposed to be quick, maybe I should just throw in the towel on this whole blogging thing? Is it even a blog if you post maybe once a month? I never did make the blog "pretty" and the whole layout screams WIP.

But having a streamlined blog, or being a high profile blogger was never my intent with this space, so I'll probably just keep popping up every now and then to say hello, I'm still alive, and here are some pictures because we all know that's why you (family) are here anyway.

Pictures like this. No, I have not washed that window recently...

1. Right Now: Watching baseball. We don't have normal cable or TV, but for the last couple years we've splurged and subscribed to MLB tv. I'm a Red Sox fan and J is a Cards fan, and since neither of us care much about the Nats (sorry locals!), we can watch most of our teams' games. The Sox are playing the Yankees and it's a bit of a nail biter. We're down by 1 in the 9th! The ump has been making terrible calls.

1.2 Oh and Ortiz just got thrown out! Never seen him that mad! 

2. Tonight: Made Southwest Quinoa salad. I LOVE this and I could eat it all night. I kept going back for seconds... multiple times. The only change I make to the recipe is subbing another can of black beans for the edamame and I cook an entire cup of quinoa.

3. I also made this recipe. It's actually my second time and makes a great lunch or snack. Tried to sneak some into Teacup 1 by telling her it was some special hummos (She loves hummos), but she wasn't fooled. She told me it was Mama's special hummos.

This looks way unappetizing. I promise you, it's not! 

Teacup 1 has been very interested in watching me prepare meals. Which is cute, but a little nerve-wracking when I'm using large knives. My splendid parenting moment went a little like this:

Me (cutting garlic): Now Ellie, don't touch knives, knives are sharp and can hurt you.

E (smiling): I like garlic!

Me: Yes, you like garlic, it's in hummos.

E (still smiling): I like pummos! (thinks for a little bit) I love chips!

Me: Yes, you love chips, now remember, don't touch knives, they can be dangerous.

E (nodding): I LOVE knives!!!

Yep darling, that's just what I was going for...

4. This Week: It's been raining and raining and raining. Poor Teacup 1 told J today, "I never go outside". She has rainboots... I suppose I could let her run around in the mud. But I get all tense around my shoulders thinking about the mess afterwards... I know, too uptight.

Dressed herself for the day

Rain, Rain, Go Away! 
5. Last Night: I attended a book club with some lovely ladies. The discussion was so stimulating! And everyone had these wonderful intellectual insights to offer. Well, probably everyone but me. I was so glad I went, because it helped me see so many things I didn't while reading it, but I realized how much I need to exercise this mommy brain. Must learn to form coherent thoughts again.

We read A Severe Mercy. It's WONDERFUL! It's non fiction, but reads more like a novel. I actually didn't quite finish it before the get together (I arrived like a school child, hanging her head when caught not finishing her homework) but I feel like I'm getting more out of it since we all talked about it.

6. Other books I've finished "recentish" (so a word), are I Capture the Castle and A Tree Grows in Brooklyn. I would %100 recommend these to pretty much anyone. So I've been on a roll with good books lately.

7. Also This Week: Teacup 2 is WALKING!!!! What!? My baby is walking! She also turns 1 next week, so there's that, but, wow, that went fast. I don't think I was this surprised when Teacup 1 turned one. I mean she was already a big sister and the baby was coming in just four months. Teacup 2 still just feels like a baby to me and I baby her.

How she always walks

And rides

Here's to linking up with Kelly!




5 comments:

  1. Wow, Rachel, your photos are amazing. Only an artist can make a kid licking a window look gorgeous! :)
    On #6: I love those books, too!
    #7: I can't believe it! How did she grow up so quickly??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha well I felt like my creativity was waning... Ellie didn't disappoint for inspiration :)

      Delete
  2. You can always just turn this into a photography blog and not worry about frequent posting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely considering it. I wouldn't even have to write anything! ;)

      Delete
  3. You can always just turn this into a photography blog and not worry about frequent posting

    ReplyDelete