Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Happy Birthday Baby Doll!

Teacup 2 turned 1!


Some fun facts:

Nicknames: Baby Doll, Pudge Pudge

Favorite Food: Everything. Including grocery lists.

Favorite Activity: Eating and antagonizing her sister. Oh and screaming.

And making mischief 

Teeth: Eight

Least Favorite Activity: Diaper changes

Teacup 1 kept insisting it was her birthday now and to please sing to her. She also carried around the birthday cards saying, "My birfday presen". She did get very good at singing Happy Birthday though. We just had to sing it to her, too, after we sang to her sister. We tried reminding her that she had a lovely birthday party three months ago. We asked her if she remembered Gigi and Poppi coming and all her friends? She responded, "I never get to see my friends". She has a streak of the dramatic.

But enough about the big sister. What about the Birthday Girl!

I helped them make birthday crowns, which they wore for about thirty seconds. Teacup 2 then proceeded to rip hers to shreds. The only picture I snagged was with the Ipad, and it's blurry, but at least I have the memory. I'm in awe of people who can take fantastic pictures with their handheld devices. I don't have a smart phone yet, and I assume that might be easier than the Ipad since they are
smaller, but I don't know.

Best Friends

Teacup 1 and I made cupcakes for the birthday girl. Vanilla sour cream with buttercream frosting. They are THE. BEST. CUPCAKES I've ever had.

It took her a little while to warm up to the cupcake.


It was hilarious.



But after I slipped some frosting in her mouth, she decided it was okay.


I never wrote a birth story for either girl, but for those of you interested, some non gory deets:

The girls are 15 months apart. Teacup 2 is our second little miracle. She was a "surprise" technically, but no less desired than her sister. It took us a few years before we had Teacup 1 and a miscarriage, so we really didn't even know if we could have other children. God had other plans :)

Aside from progesterone support, my pregnancies were pretty normal and consistent. So were the births. Six hours of labor, 20ish minutes of pushing, and they both came out 6 lbs 10 oz. I've been fortunate that there really isn't too much else to share.

She has been such a joy, and I am so blessed to be called her mother!

One year ago <3 <3



Happy Birthday Baby Doll! We love you!

1 comment:

  1. she's so cute!!! ♥♥♥ already a year old!

    ReplyDelete