Sunday, May 8, 2016

My Sunday Best v.1 : Happy Mother's Day 2016

Happy Mother's Day! We had a gorgeous day today and squeezed in some pick up soccer after mass. But, before that we captured a couple of cute shots with my sweeties.

Linking up with Rosie for My Sunday Best.


Dress: NY & Co, Shoes: Liz Claiborne, Earrings: Gift, Girls' dresses: Kohls/gift


I want to wish my own amazing mom an incredible Mother's Day. I'm so sorry I couldn't be with you to pamper you and celebrate all you have done for us. I love you!

Happy Mother's day also to my godmother! I have been so blessed to have you in my life!

J spoiled me and made a delicious dinner. We just spent a great day all together with all the people (J included) who are the reason I'm a mother.

A few years ago Mother's day was beautiful, but bittersweet for me. About a year into marriage, I started getting anxious that a little one hadn't "just happened". It took a couple years, and we finally conceived, only to lose our first precious baby in an early miscarriage. The Mother's Day after that was especially hard. So I just want all of you who might be hoping and praying for their own children, or those of you who have lost a child, that I am praying for you. I see your mother's heart, and even if you can't hold one of your own here on Earth, please know your love and sacrifice is recognized! Praying that each of your desires be fulfilled.



16 comments:

  1. 1. I love that dress!

    2. You total have the model pose down - you and the girls are beautiful!

    3. Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm having so much fun with this link up! Thank you for taking it on!

      Delete
  2. Ditto- love your dress! And such sweet photos of your girls. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I take far too many pictures of them, but I can't resist!

      Delete
  3. I love all the pretty spring colors!! Your girls are just too precious. I really appreciated your moving words. I have been there too. We suffered three losses before we had our four girls. Those Mother's Days were heartbreaking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Prayers for you! I have such a fear of losing another one even though I'm trying hard to let go of that fear.

      Delete
  4. You are beautiful, inside and out. I love your sweet words and sharing of memories even the ones that are painful, because they are so honest and a great reminder that Mother's Day is not a fun, sweet holiday for everyone. Many are carrying hidden crosses. Your dress is lovely and your daughters are just the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It can be a very hard holiday for some, but hopefully we can all spread the message of love for mothers of all kinds!

      Delete
  5. You and your daughters look very pretty in your bright spring dresses! Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! So many people were still wearing dark colors at mass, but the bright colors made me so happy :)

      Delete
  6. You ladies look awesome. Happy Mother's Day indeed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm looking forward to meeting you at the bloggers conference in September!

      Delete
  7. gorgeous dress!!!!!

    Stopping by from my sundays best link up.

    Andrea @ mommainflipflops.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love your blog! Just so you know, I wore a blazer this week after reading your post :)

      Delete
  8. Great "My Sunday Best" post! Love your dresses! :)
    Sorry to hear about the loss of your first little one. We lost our first as well, but know we've had a powerful intercessor in heaven all these years too!
    God bless you, dear!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I love asking our little one for prayers. That helped me after the loss tremendously.

      Delete