Sunday, August 21, 2016

My Sunday Best: Vol 4

I've been really bad at getting out a quick post to link up with Rosie for My Sunday Best. But, I've been taking pictures. So here's a quick recap from the last few Sundays.

Dress: Ross, Shoes: JC Penny 
Keeping it real here with messy bookcase in background and evidence of toddler destruction all over the floor. This is what our living room looks like 90% of the time. I found this dress in the spare room closet... yes, I said found. Thanks to my generous sister, I actually made it to that closet and finished purging all my clothes. I got rid of 5 vacuum seal bags and found some dresses I forgot about! It was great: shopping for free and freeing up lots of storage space.

Skirt: Loft (thrifted), Shirt: Kohls (Laura Conrad collection), Jewelry: Kohls, Shoes: JC Penny, Cranky Baby: Cupps' House

Here we have another find from my clothing purge. I'm not sure I've ever worn this skirt. I picked it up at a thrift store and normally what happens with my thrift store finds is they get returned to the thrift store. I'm terrible at thrifting. But I really liked this combo! It might be my new favorite summer mass outfit.

Teacup 2 wouldn't let me put her down and she is not mass prepared because we split up last week. She was in the middle of the dreaded hand foot and mouth rash. It was more of an annoyance than anything once she got past the fever for the first two days. We quarantined the girls for a good 2 weeks to prevent passing it along. Was pretty torturous on their part. Every time I went on a walk, Teacup 1 begged me to take her to someone's house.

They looked cute... 
Yesterday we took our first trip in the double stroller. Previously Teacup 2 rode on my back and Teacup 1 in the single stroller. We've had a double for over a year, but it sat on our side porch and got really dirty. J graciously scrubbed it down for us yesterday and the girls were so excited to ride together. It lasted about half the walk until Teacup 2 got bored or something and decided to entertain herself by pulling her sister's hair. Maybe she will sit in front next time. She doesn't have any hair...

Dress: Old Navy, Cardigan: Old Navy, Girls's Dresses: Carters. 
Forgive me for all the phone shots. Sunday mornings are usually a little rushed, so snagging a picture has to be FAST! Although, we really don't have an excuse... we usually go to 12:30 mass. This week the girls wore their Easter dresses and I wore another find from my closet!

Head over to Rosie's blog to check out what everyone else is up to this Sunday :)


10 comments:

  1. Such cute outfits, all of them! I love the coral with the brown--great color combo! And that top dress has a really fun and unique pattern. Very cute! Your little teacups are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun to find so many gems hidden away! They all look great. And I totally recognized the Carter's dresses. I almost got that one for an Easter dress for my daughter too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was exciting, haha! My aunt got one of the dresses for my oldest daughter, and then I saw they had it in the baby's size, so I had to snag her a matching one :)

      Delete
  3. Your girls are so cute! Love that blue dress, so flattering!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you guys are healthy again! It's so hard having to quarantine yourself... but at least you're out now that the weather is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! So glad we are over that! The contagious period is SO long!

      Delete
  5. I love your outfits! You have such cute clothes. It's easy to see why your girls are so adorable ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angela! I might have a shopping problem.... :-P

      Delete